Tuesday 10 May 2011

Fat Bastard

pNo, I'm not being rude, it's the name of one of the Asparagus plants I put in today.  The other is Sweet Purple.  Slight contrast there, don't you think?

These were two of the plants that arrived from the Diggers Club late last week.  I have already planted the knotted marjoram in the herb pots out front, the heritage strawberry in a hanging basket on the deck, and the purple coneflower in a sunny spot under the Illawarra Flame Tree

 Other garden (?) news is that Blacky is off the lay.  So we are only getting a maximum of two eggs per day.
The reason - she is moulting.  So instead of my gorgeous glossy black hen I have one wandering around minus a tail and with a bare bottom.  I didn't realise the moult would be quite this drastic.

I'm not sure she'll let me take a photo - might be beneath her dignity.
Bye for now.
Ravs

1 comment:

  1. ha! your title made me laugh! Naughty asparagus, fat asparagus? I wonder what delicious asparagus could do to warrant the name 'bastard' though! Poor asparagus, and poor Blacky.

    ReplyDelete